Kandidatprogram i PsykologiUniversità Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Kandidatprogram i Psykologi
Undergraduate programme in Psychology at Cattolica
The Undergraduate programme in Psychology at Università Cattolica is a three-year degree focusing on an interdisciplinary knowledge of the basic and innovative issues of the psychology discipline. The psychology tradition in our University stands upon the century-long experience in research and teaching and incorporates the newest innovations in the field. Our approach embraces multidisciplinary visions on psychological theories, methods, and techniques. Our teaching method is characterized by an active, learner-centered approach supported by specialized teaching assistants. Additionally, a full-time tutorship will be available for all students across the program. The course also features an honors track for students interested in research activities.
Our hope and intention for 2021/22 intake are to entirely restore in-person teaching, while respecting any health and safety requirements set by national and local competent authorities.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, should students not be able to attend classes in person, a hybrid format of in-person and on-line will be guaranteed to enable attendance from home, while guaranteeing full access to all learning opportunities and resources.
Applications for academic year 2021/2022 are now closed. Updates about applications for academic year 2022/2023 will be posted on Università Cattolica website starting from September 2021. You may also express your interest by contacting us.
The Bachelor in Psychology requires proficiency in English, a good standing in candidates’ overall scholastic record and a strong motivation towards studying the subject, in addition to general diploma requirements to be admitted into an undergraduate degree programme in Italy.
Applicants must submit:
- Their complete high school transcript (see application guidelines/requirements at our website);
- Motivation essay (please visit our website for more information).
Candidates whose GPA is minimum 75% (31 for IB Diploma curriculum) will have to take an online interview with the Professors of the School of Psychology, aimed at checking their motivation to study the programme and their awareness of the subject.
The selection is based on candidates’ GPA, their motivation essay and the result of the interview.
Candidates whose GPA is below 75% are still encouraged to apply, their profiles will be evaluated case-by-case by a dedicated commission as long as places are available.
Note: candidates following the A-level curriculum will be evaluated by predicted grades for each subject choice; there are no specific subject requirements.
Secondary School Diploma Requirements
The following requirements are based on the guidelines for admission published every year by the Italian Ministry for Education.
All candidates must:
- complete high school studies and hold their Secondary School Diploma before August 30, 2021
- hold a high school qualification conferred after a minimum of 12 years of previous global schooling and achieved after at least 2 years of attendance within the same national education system.
Qualifications obtained after 11 or 10 years of global schooling do not allow access to Italian universities, unless candidates satisfy one of the following additional conditions:
- They attended one (in case of 11 years) or two (in case of 10 years) years of university studies and took all the exams included in the relevant study plan. No transfer of credits can be requested for the university studies.
- They can provide evidence that they attended a pre-school year (this usually applies to some Latin American countries), which can be taken into consideration only if its attendance was compulsory, and its syllabus included development of reading and writing skills in the local language. Its validity must be certified by the relevant Italian Embassy.
- They successfully completed a Foundation Course from an Italian University. Foundations courses from non-Italian universities are not automatically accepted and their suitability as diploma integration will be evaluated case by case.
Proof of English Proficiency
Candidates need to upload a recognized English language certificate to the online application. Students who apply to degree courses taught in English satisfy the language requirement if they provide one of the following certificates, issued starting from January 1, 2019:
Minimum score required
Cambridge: First, AP
Cambridge: BV, BH
Cambridge IGCSE FL
Cambridge IGCSE SL
- Fundamentals of neurobiology and genetics - 8 ECTS
- Research methods in psychology - 4 ECTS
- Pedagogy or Sociology - 8 ECTS
- Psychodynamics - 8 ECTS
- Experimental psychology - 8 ECTS
- Social psychology - 8 ECTS
- Contemporary philosophical issues or Philosophy of psychology - 8 ECTS
- Foreign language* - 5 ECTS
- IT skills - 3 ECTS
- In-depth cooperative learning activities - 2 ECTS
* students will select one of the following options:
- Business English
- French, German, Spanish (beginner level – not available for mother tongue speakers)
- French 2, German 2, Spanish 2 (advanced level – not available for mother tongue speakers)
- Italian for foreigners
- Advanced research methods in psychology - 6 ECTS
- Developmental psychology - 8 ECTS
- Group processes and intervention - 8 ECTS
- In-depth cooperative learning activities - 2 ECTS
- Interviews and survey design for applied psychological research - 8 ECTS
- Neuropsychology and cognitive processes - 8 ECTS
- Personality psychology - 4 ECTS
- Statistics for psychology - 8 ECTS
- Work and organizational psychology - 8 ECTS
- Clinical assessment and intervention - 8 ECTS/CFU
- Clinical psychology - 8 ECTS/CFU
- Guided practical experiences - 6 ECTS/CFU
- Psychological testing: theory and practice - 8 ECTS/CF
- Two elective courses among the following - 8+8 ECTS/CFU
- Cognitive enhancement
- Consumer health psychology
- Family psychology
- Infant and child psychology and intervention
- Psychology of adolescence
- Psychology of communication
- Psychology of conflict management
- Psychology of interpersonal and social relationships
- Elective course - 8 ECTS/CFU
- Final dissertation - 4 ECTS/CFU
Tuition fees and scholarships
Please visit our website to learn more about the costs of attending University Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.
Graduates will be eligible to work as a junior psychologist in individual, groupal, organizational, and communitarian settings by applying psychological knowledge and techniques in order to support assessment practices and psychological interventions, to enhance health and well-being, to promote personal and social development of individuasl, groups, organizations, and societies.
The curriculum of the programme is compliant with Europsy (the European qualification standard for psychologists) requirements (1st phase). Specific professional career opportunities include assessment and counselling for school psychology; psychoeducational programmes and rehabilitation for health psychology; planning and implementation in basic research; communication and marketing programmes; human resources selection and training.
Degree awarded upon completing the course: Laurea in Scienze e tecniche psicologiche.
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Internationellt sammanhang i Italien
Università Cattolicas studenter och alumner känner sig lyckligt lottade över att ha fått vara en del av det största privata universitetet i Europa. Ett universitet som kännetecknas av av ett starkt engagemang för sina studenter samt dess erkända akademiska kvalité....
För att få mer information om utbildningen Kandidatprogram i Psykologi från Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, fyll i följande uppgifter:
Du kanske också är intresserad av:
Grundnivå (Högskole- och Kandidatexamen)
Avancerad nivå (Magister- och Masterexamen)