USMLE: Step 1 Preparation Course
USMLE Preparation Course - Step 1
This is a preparation course for the USMLE Step 1 offered by King Charles Medical College. The USMLE Step 1 can be taken during the studies or after graduation. The purpose of this step is to assess the student`s basic science knowledge and the scientific principles required for an individual to continue learning throughout a medical career.
The USMLE Step 1 is a one-day exam, and it lasts about eight hours which includes a 45-minute break. You could increase the break a bit if you finish a block early or if you skip the 15-minute tutorial.
The test consists of 308 multiple-choice questions. These are divided into seven blocks, each block has 44 questions. You get 60 minutes for each block. Once you are finished with a block, you can not return to it.
- Behavioral sciences
- Biostatistics and epidemiology
- Molecular and cell biology
What is included in the programme?
- More than 200 powerpoint presentations
- More than 200 Video Lectures
- Q-Bank: more than 2000 USMLE test-like and assessment for all questions
- Online support
- Online mobile app
how to Register for the USMLE step 1?
Different rules apply for medical school graduates across the world. Please contact us or visit our website for more information.
Where can I take the USMLE step 1 exam?
The USMLE Step 1 exam can be taken at Prometric test centers worldwide. Locate a test center on the Prometric website and check availability for Step 1 and Step 2 CK.
What is the USMLE?
About the USMLE
The United States Medical Licensing Examination, known as USMLE, is an examination that is made in three steps, that is required for anyone who wants to practice medicine in the United States. It is sponsored by the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME®).
During medical studies and after finishing an M.D degree, physicians are required to pass this examination in order to become licensed and be able to practice medicine in the United States. All three steps of the USMLE complement each other, assessing the physician’s skills and abilities, meaning that a step can not stand alone in the assessment of readiness for medical licensure.
Usually, the first two steps are taken while the student is still in medical school, and then, after graduation, the third step is taken.
USMLE step 1
- Assesses whether you understand and can apply important concepts of the sciences basic to the practice of medicine, with special emphasis on principles and mechanisms underlying health, disease, and modes of therapy.
- Ensures mastery of not only the sciences that provide a foundation for the safe and competent practice of medicine in the present, but also the scientific principles required for maintenance of competence through lifelong learning.
- Is constructed according to an integrated content outline that organizes basic science material along two dimensions: system and process.
- Is a one-day examination. It is divided into seven 60-minute blocks and administered in one 8-hour testing session. The number of questions per block on a given examination form will vary, but will not exceed 40. The total number of items on the overall examination form will not exceed 280.
USMLE Step 2
- Assesses whether you can apply medical knowledge, skills, and understanding of clinical science essential for the provision of patient care under supervision and includes emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Ensures that due attention is devoted to principles of clinical sciences and basic patient-centered skills that provide the foundation for the safe and competent practice of medicine.
- Step 2 exam is constructed according to an integrated content outline that organizes clinical science material along two dimensions: physician task and disease category.
- Step 2 exam is a one-day examination. It is divided into eight 60-minute blocks, administered in one 9-hour testing session. Test item formats may vary within each block.
King Charles Medical College
King Charles Medical College was founded with the purpose of preparing students in the best possible way prior to beginning their degree. As a close collaborator with Charles, The First Faculty of Medicine, we are delighted to introduce to you a complete premedical foundation...
Varför ska du välja King Charles Medical College?
Our classes are small in comparison to many other learning facilities and the reason is that we believe that small classes are more effective.
All professors at King Charles have profound experience and passion at teaching giving the student a true learning experience.
A unique experience
King Charles College is not only committed to make you a great med student but it offers along an amazing international experience from Prague.
- Official invitation letter from Charles University
- Charles University student card
- Language courses, university tours and more
Hitta till utbildaren
To order information from USMLE: Step 1 Preparation Course, please fill out the following information:
Du kanske också är intresserad av:
Universitets- & högskoleutbildning
2 400 USD