Futuregames 2D Graphics
Get the experience you need to start working as a 2D artist in the game industry.
Whether it is concept art, effects, UI design or animation that you are most interested in doing for games, this is the program that will get you into the industry with credibility through hands-on development experience.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR START SEPTMEMBER 10th, 2018
Application period Jan 15th – May 1st 2018
The third instalment of Futuregames’ vocational 2D Program
- Start working right after the education
- Located in Stockholm, SoFo
- Government funded with financial support from CSN
- 2 years (4 terms) starting 10th of September 2018
- LIA (internship) 30 weeks
Be part of the reputed Futuregames legacy, join us at the SoFo-campus in House of Change;
Develop a core competence in game development by having teachers from leading game companies teaching you the tricks of the trade. You will get access to our creative environment, including computers and relevant development software. You will be growing and building your skills together with 240 highly talented classmates and senior game developers. Take part in intense game projects together with parallel Futuregames programs (Programming, 3D Graphics and 2D Graphics) simulating professional game projects in order to reflect what you will be doing in the game industry and prepare you for a hard working and creative career.
This education is implemented in direct cooperation with the game industry and Futuregames board of education includes:
King, Avalanche Studios, Dice, Fatshark, Paradox interactive, Starbreeze, Glorious Games, Uprise, Really Interactive.
Many more supports this vocational program and about 20-30 game studios are involved in the Futuregames education every year.
Our overall vision for this education
- To create pragmatic developers with a balanced and wide perspective on the entire development process.
- To create developers with strong cooperative skills and that are used to work in teams.
- To create developers with a very hands-on and pro-active approach. Strong practical focus throughout the education. All courses aim to result in a practical exercise.
Our guidelines for our educations is: Learning by doing, learning by reflection
The program has been designed in close collaboration with game company representatives and was designed to fit the industry´s demands and requirements. The program is 90 weeks in length, spanning 2 years (4 terms), and the start is 10th of September 2018.
Aims to train people for following specializations in game development;
- 2D graphic
- 2D animator
- 2D artist
- Concept artist
- UI designer (User Interface)
- UX designer (User Experience)
After the education the students will be able to
- Produce high quality 2D graphics for game engines like Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- Texturing; Apply 2D graphics on 3D models
- Create animations with 2D graphics
- Create 2D effects for game engines
- Work in softwares like adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Maya
- Produce graphical interfaces for games, with focus on usability
- Produce concept graphic and storyboards
- Adapt to different styles, concepts and targets
- Work independently and in teams for planning, development and production of games
- Work as a junior game developer with special skills in 2D graphics
The education is funded by Myndigheten för Yrkeshögskola (MYH) and is approved for financial support via CSN.
Changemaker Educations och Futuregames
Changemaker Educations och Futuregames erbjuder YH-utbildningar inom webbutveckling, spelutveckling, projektledning och e-handel. Vi har lång erfarenhet av att framgångsrikt bedriva yrkesutbildningar och spjutspetsutbildningar, både i Sverige och utomlands. Välkommen att mejla, ringa eller besöka oss på Södermalm (Åsögatan117);Anna Möller 0708-369100. Över 90 procent av våra examinerade...
För att få mer information om Futuregames 2D Graphics via mejl, fyll i följande uppgifter: